Saturday, January 28, 2017

Obligatory Meal Out - Meals for 2/3/2017

This day is the last day of my daughter's ski lessons. She's gone up to Park City with her dad and brother every Saturday for 6 weeks now for private, locals-only ski lessons. She LOVES to ski. It's adorable to see her so passionate about something at age 5. With today being her last day we have a fun breakfast planned. To be honest though, my husband plans special breakfasts at least once a week. It's hard to resist his steaming heaps of gourmet pancakes, so I make sure to make my breakfast first thing before I get too hungry and he finishes cooking. Today I will join the family to celebrate my daughter's completed goal - we are big into celebratory meals in this house!

----------

Meals for 2/3/2017

BREAKFAST: Joy of Cooking Buttermilk Pancake (32g) with toppings (6.5g)

One Joy of Cooking Buttermilk Pancake (32g)
Syrup (1g see below)
1/4c fresh blackberries (3.5g)
2 slices of bacon (2g)

Today I'm going to enjoy ONE amazing waffle and try my hand at a "maple syrup" made with stevia and Mapeline. It will be very thin! I hope its good. If it is I'll post it here. If it fails maybe I'll go with some peanut butter and homemade raspberry jam. FYI, I just discovered that Sprouts has nitrate free bacon. 

LUNCH: Yogurt (14g) and Goldfish (11g) Fiesta Salad (11g)

One container of Chobani berry Yogurt (14g)
1/3c Whole Grain Fish Crackers (11g)

Yogurt and goldfish is one of my favorite childhood meals. My grown up version is with greek yogurt and whole grain goldfish, but still. It's one of my comfort foods!

Fiesta Salad (11g)

1 handful of red leaf lettuce (1g)
hefty sprinkling of cilantro (1g)
1T black beans (3g)
1/4 avocado (5g)
1T basic salsa (1g)
juice of 1/8 lime (0g)

This is one of my favorite salads to make with left overs. You can sub the beans for halved kidney beans and/or cashews too. The more cilantro the better! It's also the base for my fajita salads which top this with some fabulously marinated meat.

DINNER: OUT (51g best guess)

For this meal my husband and I will be eating at a banquet. I was able to choose my meal from a couple options (standard, vegan or gluten free). This meal will be at BYU and for their vegetarian dishes their food staff usually sub the meat in a dish with more carbs, so I chose standard instead of vegetarian. Boo. I selected the following meal and have done my best to guess the carb count of each dish: pot roast (3g) smashed potatoes (16g) kale (2g) dessert (30g if I stick to a small portion. Those BYU brownies can getchya). This of course doesn't include any juice drinks or appetizer rolls. I'm not a huge fan of BYU's food so I doubt it will be tempting to really binge here. I'll eat my Fiesta Salad a bit later in the day just incase dinner is served late. 
This is a unique situation - its a meal out that I have no control over, similar to eating at a friend's home. I'm not choosing the restaurant or dish and I don't have a way to ask how the meal was prepared or whats in dressings or marinades. I also usually eat dinner at 5:00 but this even doesn't even begin till 7:30pm. And that's okay. That's life. I'll do my best and try to stay in my carb budget and blow it all on the watered down drinks just because they are there.

EXTRA: None today. If I'm accurate in my assumptions I am actually 5g over. With my awesome meal planning I can see this coming and choose to not eat any snacks today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment