Thursday, January 26, 2017

Officially Strawberry and Season! - Meals for 2/1/2017

YAYAYAYAY! Strawberries! You'd never know that they actually give me migraines they way I down them so fast. WORTH IT. I saw some dark melting chocolates at Target and had to really refrain from taking them home. My detox would have ended that night if I had! Hah. Anyway, my leftover Strawberry Shortcake will be legit tonight. 


---------
Meals for 2/1/17

BREAKFAST: Breakfast Apple Oatmeal (32g) and Green Girl Smoothie (6g)


Same as Monday but I'm adding a green smoothie to the mix.


Green Girl Smoothie (6g)

1 handful spinach (1g)

1/4c mixed berries (4g)
⅓ lemon (.5g round to 1g)
Shot of stevia (0g)

You can add an entire extra bunch of spinach to this smoothie if you want it thicker. I had no idea before my detox how many greens my basic blender could handle!

LUNCH: Chicken soup (10g) and one toasted, buttered slice bread (15g)

Leftovers from yesterday plus my favorite organic bread. Breads can really kill a low carb diet. When I DO go for a slice or sandwich I find myself always coming back to Dave's Killer Bread. The Sprouted Whole Grain loaves only have 15g carbs a piece as well as 4g of protein, 3g of fiber, 70 mg of omega-3, and 19g whole wheat. Plus they are always moist and fluffy, unlike the many other brands I've tested. All of Dave's breads are organic and are great though. Just make sure you check the carb count as they vary widely. Dave's also has thin sliced loaves with fewer carbs but I have yet to taste them.

DINNER: BBQ Chicken and fixin's (29g) and Basic Ranch Salad (9g)


Chicken (1g)

2T Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce (18g)
1/4c Corn (10g)

Even 2 years into this diet I am still shocked at the carb count of some common condiments. 18g of carbs in 2T bbq sauce?! YIKES. But yum. I work around it. We turnup the BBQ and baste those bad boys with each flip. I like to get organic thigh meat when I can. The fats of non-organic meats hold all the icky antibiotics and hormones given to the animal, as well as the pesticides the animal ate with its food. So when using non-organic meat I always cut off the fats. With organic meats you can afford to enjoy some of that juiciness! Organic chicken thighs are the bomb for BBQing. They don't dry out and they require less sauce to make them delicious. And what BBQ would be complete with out corn? Add a salad and enjoy life. Leftover chicken on top of a salad is always a good leftover meal too.

DESSERT: Strawberry Shortcake (14g)

Leftovers! Because life is better with dessert.

EXTRAS: 5g leftover Maybe some carrots and hummus today? Before you run out and buy "baby" carrots, please please please try buying a whole large carrot and slicing it up. It will change your carrot out look on the world. If its organic you don't even have to peel it, just scrub the dirt off and enjoy. Also, explore your local farmers market for some hummus. My favorite so far was a homemade cilantro and avocado blend. Oh but then there was a black bean and jalapeƱo one I also loved...hmm. I think I need to go back and do a taste my taste comparison...

No comments:

Post a Comment